Notching is a common process in metalworking. It is a shearing process where a metal scrap piece is removed from the outside edge of a metal workpiece. The outside edge is removed through the use of multiple shear blades that are set at right angles to each other. Notching is a process often used to later facilitate roll forming or stamping.
Wiedenbeck uses a Boschert Eagle Power Notcher to perform our notching operations. Our skilled operators produce precision notches that are not possible through the normal shearing process.
Our capabilities include:
- Notching capacity up to 1/4″
- Stainless steel capacity to 3/16″
- 8-7/8″ x 8-7/8″ 90° notch
- Adjustable stroke, 50 per minute
- Jog, single, or continuous mode
- Front to back cutting